Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 February 2012

Vintage china


I've been to the auction this week as I needed to stock up my etsy shop.  My usual competition for china wasn't there so I came home with quite a lot.

Sometimes it's sad to see peoples belongings,  collected over a lifetime,  relegated to a tray at an auction sale.  On the other hand I imagine elegant dining and tea parties using beautiful china ..... Ayr is much more glamorous than it appears to be on the surface!

And it comes in all different shapes and sizes - Some pieces have obviously been lovingly used , others are so pristine I imagine they have only been admired through the doors of some equally fancy display cabinet.  It's a good job I don't have one of those as this would be my tendancy!  ...... I could see myself getting seriously obsessed with collecting some of these beautiful things.

So here's a sample of some of the vintage china that is temporarily staying at my house.

This one is so perfect, I can't imagine it's ever been let out of the display cupboard.



Lovingly used shabby chic look!


Doesn't get more elegant than this .....




Or this!


And these teeny tiny coffee cups are so cute.






1 comment:

Hannah said...

Oh, very elegant! I wish I could do the auctions but I don't drive.