Total Pageviews

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Class 2 update

Found some time yesterday and used it to practice making flowers.

We'd been given the following recipe

2 tsp gelatine
1-1/2 tblsp water
2 tsp glucose syrup
250 g icing sugar

I initially found that this amount of liquid didn't incorporate all the icing sugar, I added a little more water and then found it too sticky, more icing sugar and lots of kneading and it came right in the end.  I asked about this at last nights lesson and am told to just keep kneading even if all the icing sugar isn't incorporated.  It dries out really quickly, so if you are trying this, make sure you wrap the fondant in cling film until you are ready to use it.


I rolled the fondant out and made these using the daisy and rose cutters.


They looked ok and the kids say they look as good as the shop bought ones .... praise indeed!

I think I should probably be rolling them out thinner.  Any experts out there, would appreciate your advice.



1 comment:

lovetartan said...

They are gorgeous! Well done :)