Total Pageviews

Friday 16 September 2011

London, vintage, markets and food

During the summer we went to London for a few weeks house swapping with a lovely family in East dulwich.  While we were enjoying the delights of city life with our 3 children,  they were by the seaside with their 3 small children.

The kids enjoyed visiting friends and family .... especially the lovely food we were dished up! There was also the sightseeing and shopping,  but for different reasons we've all enjoyed the markets.

We went to Greenwich market


Food,  crafts and clever people making lovely and unusual things.  If I lived close I would try to sell Moyo things ....I'm sure they would go down a storm. 

East dulwich has lots of lovely shops to linger in and a market on saturday morning.  Lovely cake, bread, savoury bakes and even a hog roast ... a big hit with our son.





Having moved only a few year ago back from Tanzania to a small corner of Scotland, I hadn't quite realised,  just how popular vintage is at the moment.  I'm  looking at things with a new light on my weekly visits to our local auction!  and have slowly been building up an assortment of goodies ....can't keep them all myself, so I'm hoping Etsy will come to my rescue.  

Last week I bought a tray of things which included a lovely carving/wall hanging of an indian goddess - that will be for my husbands birthday.  It also included a vintage glass salt and pepper set, immediately commandeered by my mum and these these lovely cups and Saucers. 





Columbia road and Brick lane markets were the highlight of my trip, we enjoyed 


The world food


The cake and biscuits


smoothies ..... on a production line!


and more vintage 

We also enjoyed this wall of greenery in trafalgar square!


We'll be looking for another house swap in London again next year.  We don't have tickets, but still, during the olympics would be nice.

No comments: