Total Pageviews

Friday 24 June 2011

Summer fair Tanzanian style

I was recently sorting through my photo stock and came accross these of Moyo in Tanzania.  

They were taken whilst we were exhibiting at the bi annual Makutano fair.  It's a showcase for tanzanian artists and crafters with NGO's and small businesses attending from all parts of Tanzania and Zanzibar.    


 It's not so hot in Tanzania, but very humid,    If I'm ever complaining about being cold in Scotland I try to check myself and remember that humid heat.


thats me looking very hot!



Ayeasha, the very talented designer at Moyo. They are working on a website of their own, but if you want to see just how talented she is, take a look at her designs on our website  Kibibi designs completely original, contemporary African design you won't find anywhere else!


As with most of these events we had a tiny space to fit in all our products it was quite a squash, barely any room for the customers to walk around.


We were able to display it all though.  Now when I attend fairs, I only have a table and have to leave most of my home decor, cushions etc at home. 

Happy days, I miss them!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Nice stuff and good memories.