Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 October 2011

Weekly bake off - Apple and cinnamon cake.

Sunday is a good day for baking and that was my plan,  that was my first mistake .... making a plan.    I forgot about the clock thing and was up at 5.30!  Once daylight arrived and and everyone else emerged,  it was looking like a lovely day so I spent the morning gardening.   I came in at lunchtime to drop hubby at the station and get going with my cake.  hubby dropped and cooking apples purchased i headed home to do the cake.  son was waiting on the doorstep to turn me back round ... there was a problem with the train and back I went to drive hubby to glasgow airport - 2 hours later I was able to finally get going on the cake,  at this stage I was quite tired but there was no turning back, my brood had been promised Mary Berry's apple and cinnamon cake.  You can get the recipe on  Amy's blog (and  while you're there take a look at what the weekly bake off is all about).

Heres the first layer with the grated apple,


All in the tin!


And in the oven .... I put it in the oven and then remembered I was supposed to sprinkle nuts and sugar.....oopsy



The finished cake, partially cooled because middle daughter couldn't wait



and sliced 


It does taste very yummy, but then you can't really go wrong with apple and cinnamon, it's such a perfect combination.




No comments: