Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 October 2011

Strathaven Ethical fair.

On saturday I took my fair trade goodies to a fair at Strathaven Academy. It was very poorly attended so I didn't sell much ..... which is always a bit disappointing! .  But,  I love going to their events as they are very supportive of fair trade and don't charge a stall fee .... so even if you don't sell anything  it's essentially a great opportunity to sit and chat with other fair traders and the lovely ladies who run the event.

As usual I spent nearly as much as I earned and came away with some wrapping paper from Neema fair trade and ethical gifts.  This paper is gorgeous and i'm not sure if I'll be able to cut it up for wrapping.  I may have to save it for crafting.


  A beautiful handmade basket from Rwanda


and a tea towel from India.  I love this pattern.  We have a picture in a similar style, clay painting from Gujerat.

These traders will be at the Kyle Academy Fair trade christmas fair, so if you also like what you see, I'll be putting out some more information soon.



No comments: